While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
Are you passionate about mentoring and managing a team? Interested in an opportunity to partner with business areas, help provide strategic risk insight on their high priority objectives and initiatives? If yes – then read on!
We need you, an audit leader who will be responsible for managing an audit team of six and a diverse portfolio of moderate to complex business environments including Information Security, Application Development, Middleware Support, Cloud Computing, Identity & Access Management, and Advanced Data Analytics. You will also participate in strategic planning activities for the department including the development of the annual audit plan and setting department level objectives. As a valued advisor to management, you will offer substantial insights on risks, effective practices, and efficiency recommendations.
Your people leadership expertise as a line manager is instrumental for you to develop and lead a team of audit professionals responsible for planning, conducting, and documenting District and System (nationwide) audits.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of highly skilled auditors as a line manager.
- Guide and review the audit work of auditors in charge and other team members, and ensure the completion of audits and special projects within time and quality. Ensure internal processes and governance are operating effectively to ensure reliability of compliance with procedures, regulations, financial reporting, laws, and policies.
- Conduct regular relationship meetings and interact effectively with audit management and all levels of Bank management including Board of Governors, Treasury, and other regulatory agencies.
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan, execute and schedule audit engagements and other tasks approved in the 12-month audit plan.
- Participate in or lead System (nationwide) audits or workgroups. Collaborate closely and gain exposure to other district’s audit teams to expand your networking and System knowledge.
- Develop and deliver training to District and System audit teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Risk Management or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in internal or external audit or a second line assurance function and 5+ years of audit project management experience including experience as a line manager.
- A proven leader who mentors and develops employees to their full potential.
- Expert knowledge of operational and business concepts and risk / fraud assessment practices.
- Excellent ability to identify process improvement needs and recommend solutions across multiple business areas.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills and ability to develop strong positive relationships with business owners.
- Expert knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditor's International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF); and the Committee on Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk assessment frameworks.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and computer‐assisted auditing software products.
- (CIA) Certified Internal Auditor, (CPA) Certified Public Accountant or (CISA) Certified Information System Auditor.
- Ideally demonstrates broad‐based knowledge in various Bank functions, operations, and Bank/Federal Reserve System policies. Expert knowledge of internal control systems applicable to Bank operations and functions preferred.
Effective October 1, 2021, all employees must be up to date with your COVID vaccinations or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy. "Up to date" means you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster within 30 days of becoming eligible for one. The Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-Tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Care Leave, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.