Travis Credit Union’s (TCU) is committed to hire, develop, and retain qualified and passionate employees to ensure excellent member service. We look to employ individuals that will bring their best self to work, possess a desire to advocate for our members, focus on opportunities, and be optimistic and driven to help us achieve our awesome cause.
We are currently seeking an INTERAL AUDITOR who will be a consultant to our internal business providing insightful feedback on potential risk as a result of conducting focused internal audits. By acting as the conduit between regulatory and policy compliance with business operational ways of working, TCU’s Internal Auditors ensure that TCU business is conducted in compliance with required legal guidelines while optimizing efficiency developments.
- Performs moderate and occasionally complex risk-based operational, financial and compliance audit activities within the organization.
- Monitors internal controls, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides value-added advice and support to business partners, and effectively communicates evaluations and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Performs hands-on execution of assigned audits, inclusive of end-to-end requirement management, analyses and evaluations.
- Responsible for unbiased report development and delivery reflecting audit results and document process.
- Acts as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Coordinates and professionally communicates with appropriate staff and levels of management for each area being audited.
- Documents process and prepares audit observations memorandum.
- Conducts follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engages in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Understanding of financial statements and auditing practices, as well as accounting principles, processes, standards, techniques and procedures.
- Working knowledge of audit procedures, planning, and test/sampling methods.
- Ability to effectively gather, analyze and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise findings.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to use independent judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to self-direct in managing day-to-day tasks accurately and within specified timeframes.
- Sound understanding of credit union product offerings and services.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prepare and effectively facilitate presentations.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully tailor communications according to the audience.
- Reports directly to AVP, Internal Audit.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting and a minimum 3 years’ experience in auditing, accounting, quality control and/or compliance monitoring.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
Why TCU? We’re recognized by Forbes as a Top Credit Union in California for overall member satisfaction, trust, financial advice, branch services and digital services. We have everything you need to reach your financial goals and to help others in our community experience financial wellness.
Why else? We are an EMPLOYER OF CHOICE! We have AWESOME employees! We believe in promoting from within whenever possible and developing our staff. We are passionate about helping people and believe in our mission, "We are dedicated to building lifelong relationships with our members to help them achieve their financial goals." It's quite simple. Travis Credit Union is a great place to work!
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, Travis Credit Union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution serving those who live or work in Solano, Yolo, Sacramento, Placer, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Napa, Contra Costa, Alameda, Sonoma, Colusa, and Merced Counties. Currently, Travis Credit Union is the 12th largest credit union in California, with over 215,000 members and over $4.2 billion in assets. TCU members can access their accounts at 24 convenient branch locations, at 35,000 free CO-OP Network® ATMs, through secure, easy-to-use Online Banking, our mobile app for Apple® iPhone® or by telephone using our Call-24 Phone Banking. As one of the leading financial institutions in Solano, Contra Costa, Yolo, Napa, and Merced Counties, Travis Credit Union's strength lies in its faithful commitment to its members; its solid, secure history; and its long-standing track record of dedicated service.
BENEFITS We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, vacation/sick/holiday pay, matching 401(k) with 100% vested immediately, educational assistance and annual bonus for all regular full-time employees. We also have offer employee discounts on our own products and services such as mortgage and auto loans, credit cards and more.
To view a more detailed job description, learn more about TCU and apply, visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/travis-credit-union
TCU is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening is required.
EOE/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status