Air Academy Federal Credit Union is in search of an Internal Auditor for our Corporate Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Reporting to the Supervisory/Audit Committee, the Internal Auditor contributes to the overall success of AAFCU by effectively developing and executing the audit plan. This position provides a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Perform audits, including planning, fieldwork and reporting phases according to the approved audit plan. Examine departments to determine the extent of compliance with credit union policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines. Conducts audits both individually and in team settings.
- Develop the annual audit risk assessment and audit plan for auditing all credit union activities. Continually assess risks, findings, and recommendations of outside auditors and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) examiners, and changes in policies and regulations to effectively prioritize audit coverage.
- Coordinate and facilitate external audits and regulatory exams.
- Develop and maintain audit programs for each audit area. Continually evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
- Evaluate financial and managerial internal controls, operations, organizational structure, policies, procedures, and processes for effectiveness and possible improvements.
- Identify, gather and analyze physical, testimonial or documentary data. Document the results of audits, reviews and evaluations. Maintain audit documentation that supports all audit findings.
- Prepare documents and correspondence, research and analyze data, interpret and apply audit standards and principles.
- Develop findings, conclusions and recommendations, prepare written reports and present findings, communicating audit results to the Supervisory Committee, Management, and Board of Directors. Conduct follow-up inspections or reviews as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate preferred.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training preferred.
The pay ranges represent the low and high end of the base salary range for this position. This position is eligible for annual corporate bonus based on overall performance.
Pay Ranges for this position based on experience:
- Internal Auditor with 0-2 years of relevant experience GV 1100: $50,100 - $75,300
- Internal Auditor II with 2 - 4 years of experience GV 1300: $60,500 - $90,900
- Internal Auditor III with 4-6 years of experience GV 1500: $73,500-$110,100
At AAFCU full-time employees enjoy a dynamic and growth oriented corporate culture, comprehensive benefits package, including paid sick and vacation time, medical, dental, and vision plans, and a robust 401K plan. Additionally, full-time employees are eligible for a tuition reimbursement program after 90 days of employment to help you reach your professional goals. Join our team and be a part of an organization that is passionate about doing what is right for members and helping them achieve their financial goals no matter how big or small.
Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU) is an innovative, full-service financial institution committed to its employees and providing value-driven products, convenient electronic banking channels, and world-class member service. With assets over $860 million and over 45,000 members, AAFCU strives to be a trusted financial partner who helps its members advance their lives, grow financially, and achieve their goals. In addition to helping our members achieve financial success, we are also proud to be an active and engaged community partner who invests time, money, and resources in numerous community organizations and projects each year.
To learn more about this career opportunity visit https://www.aafcu.com/employment.html.
AAFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, ancestry, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law. We perform pre-employment drug testing, consumer credit history checks and criminal background checks.