Century Federal Credit Union, established in 1948 and one of the largest credit unions in Northeast Ohio, has an opening for an Internal Auditor. Do you have what it takes to join our team? If so, we want to speak with you. This position organizes, plans, and conducts audits of credit union activities to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems and compliance with existing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive audit scope plan for auditing credit union activities approved by the supervisory committee.
- Manage, evaluate, and respond to member complaints by working with areas within the organization to research and formulate responses.
- Monitor and/or evaluate changes in internal policies, procedures and regulations to effectively amend the scope of the audit plan.
- Engage in ongoing discussions with Senior Management to identify high risk categories to determine the depth of the audit scope as defined by the high risk category to mitigate risk to the credit union.
- Develop and maintain an audit scope for each department subject to an internal audit, evaluating the effectiveness of the audit criteria.
- Gather and analyze data and report audit results in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Conduct audits to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of member records and compliance with regulations and policies.
- Examine records of departments and interview staff to ensure records and transactions are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with management and supervisory committee. Prepare results of audits, communicating stature of operating conditions including recommendations for improvements to the president and supervisory committee.
- Maintain audit workpapers to evidence the audit work performed and the material facts supporting the conclusions reported.
- Conduct special projects requested by supervisory committee.
- Coordinate internal audit activities with that of the public and NCUA examiners.
- Continue professional development through training and participation in professional organizations. Complete at least 40 hours of continuing education and training each year that contributes to professional proficiency.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned.
- Basic computer knowledge required. Advanced computer knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of the credit union industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the Federal Credit Union Act and bylaws that apply to federally chartered credit unions.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all necessary regulations including, but not limited to, BSA, CIP, US Patriot Act, Fact Act, etc.
- Prior experience (5+ years) required in the financial or audit industry – credit union experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of, and practical experience with, credit union or other financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services and the laws and regulations which apply to credit unions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well-organized, efficient, detailed oriented self-starter, able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent analytical ability, and the ability to conduct through research, interpret and understand laws and regulations, and provide workable recommendations and solutions to findings.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and credit union staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other related degree.
- Other useful certifications – CFE, CRP, CFSA, NCCO, CCUIA
The successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and drug screen.
Century Federal Credit Union offers competitive pay, a full range of outstanding benefits including tuition refund, opportunity for advancement, and work/life balance. We, at Century Federal Credit Union, believe that by valuing the differences among us, we demonstrate our commitment to treating all of our employees and members with fairness, dignity and respect. "Together We're Better" is our motto.
Century Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Salary commence with experience
Generous Benefits Package
For confidential consideration email: Ashley Dyke | firstname.lastname@example.org